Sunday 26 May 2013

Phillip Phillips is a dumb name anyway...

    It's been a long time, but maybe we can put our differences aside, for science. You monster. JUST KIDDING! No sentient robot beings here. Anyway, I missed Yesterday, but I was really tired, and just didn't feel like blogging at all, so today is an opinion blog. How nice.
    Today, I want to talk about music. Today's music has gone down the drain. Apart from the stuff that I actually like, I hate pretty much all types of music. But when looking at music from an alien's point of view, you'll find out that our opinions aren't much different. I'm going to take a page out of Adam Buckley's book, and do something that he calls a musical autopsy. So let's crack out the rib splitter and open this sucker up. Today's musical autopsy is: Home by Phillip Phillips.
                                                              Hold on, To me ask we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
and although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Now, at this point, the song is pretty okay. It's not a remake, or a remix, or a cover. So, that's a bonus.

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
You get lost you can always be found
Just know you're not alone,
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

More original lyrics. Paired with the music, this might actually be a good song. Let's find out what it's like after this.

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Oo-oo-oo-oo (x2)
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. Aa-aa-aa-aa(x4)

This is where the song goes downhill. I find that most songs have been doing this recently. Mistaking lyrics for noises is not good music. It's just lazy. I dare you to find any song nowadays that doesn't replace good lyric time with crappy noises. Jeez...

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
You get lost you can always be found
Just know you're not alone,
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Oh. You're just going to repeat the same thing that happened 30 seconds ago, rather that creating a new verse. You know, I would normally call anything thing lazy "efficient," but this is seriously lazy.

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Oo-oo-oo-oo (x4)
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. Aa-aa-aa-aa(x4)

Was I the only one who saw this coming? All Phillip did was extend what he did previously in the song, and repeat the same annoying sound OVER AND OVER again. Really? Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's all the lyrics. The song is actually song length, but there is only 30-40 seconds of actual singing in the song. Most of it is just filler noises. This is exactly what annoys me about modern music. There is not effort in it whatsoever! It's just "Well, I'll probably just hum or yell into the mic for 3 minutes, and then slap some actual lyrics in so it sounds like an actual song." Do me a favor, and put more effort into the music you make. Don't look at it just as an outlet for money. If you do, you might end up on musical autopsy. So, this has been my crack at Adam Buckley's style of videos. Thanks for reading Musical Autopsy. Bag em' and Tag em'
                                                                                                     -Sean
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment